Community Grant Scheme applications close Friday, 26 May 2017
19 Mar 2017
The Sydney Motorway Corporation Community Grant Scheme supports grassroots initiatives providing lasting benefits to the local community, economy and the environment. The Grant Scheme offers community groups, social enterprises, not-for-profits and other groups, access to grants of up to $10,000 to deliver projects in one or more of these key areas:
- Health – local health and well-being initiatives
- Environment and sustainability – place making, environmental and conservation initiatives
- Safety – initiatives to provide safer outcomes for local communities
- Cultural heritage – initiatives to develop and support cultural heritage
- Economic development – initiatives to drive and support local procurement, business growth and employment access.
Applications for the 2016-17 financial year will be accepted until 5pm on Friday 26 May 2017.
In its first six months, the Community Grant Scheme has assisted around 30 local community groups and charities in their support of disadvantaged people and other groups in need.
This has included Grants to enable:
- 20 pre-schoolers with hearing loss to take part in the Shepherd Centre’s Ready Set Go program, designed to arm the children, their parents and school communities with the skills to work collaboratively in their new schooling environment.
- the Breakfast Point Men’s Shed to build vital equipment for rehabilitation patients at Balmain Hospital.
- the Society for Providing Services for Neglected or Needy Children to deliver a new kitchenette in Ardill House in Strathfield. This will improve services for hundreds of children in need and their families each year.
- the Rotary Club of Strathfield to buy a dedicated vehicle to better deliver its Graffiti Removal Project, improving local amenity across the inner west.
We encourage you to visit our gallery of case studies to inspire you before you make an application.
Please read our Grant Scheme guidelines to ensure you are eligible, then complete the application form. Your application will be assessed against our objectives and criteria as outlined in the guidelines.
Feel free to share this information with any groups you know of that may wish to apply.
If you have any questions or would like to submit a Grant Scheme application, please:
- Email us at: [email protected]
- Call us on: 1800 660 248.
Subscribe for regular updates by emailing [email protected].