M4 East Air Quality Community Consultative Committee
Expressions of Interest – New Committee Members
Expressions of interest are being sought for community members to join the WestConnex M4 East AQCCC.
The AQCCC was established in 2017 and meets at least four times each year. It includes representatives from local government, Roads and Maritime Services, the tunnel operator and the community.
The WestConnex M4 East project is seeking:
- a representative from the local community near the eastern ventilation facility, located in Haberfield; and
- a representative from the local community near the western ventilation facility, located in Homebush.
We are looking for community members who:
- are a current resident or landowner within the affected local government area/s;
- are willing to contribute constructively;
- are active in the community, with strong community networks;
- have a sound understanding and awareness of the project and related environmental issues of concern to the broader community; and
- are willing to adhere to the AQCCC’s Terms of Reference found here
How can I apply?
Download the registration form here or visit the M4 East Community Information Centre: Ground floor, 52 Railway Parade, Burwood for a hard copy. Send the completed form along with proof of residence such as a rates notice to either:
- email@example.com; with the subject heading: EOI M4E AQCCC Committee, or
- M4 East Project, GPO Box 3905, Sydney, NSW 2001—Attn: Karina Wilson—EOI M4E AQCCC.
All applications must be received by Tuesday 23 April 2019
To find out more about the AQCCC application process, please phone toll free on 1800 660 248.
Sydney Motorway Corporation (SMC) has established an Air Quality Community Consultative Committee (AQCCC) to provide input and advice on the location of air quality monitoring locations and related issues. Further information about the committee along with notes and presentations from the AQCCC meetings are available to view below.
Condition of Approval E21 requires that results of hourly updated real-time ambient monitoring be provided on a website and be publically available each month in a report format. You can view the real-time data here (external link).
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
AQCCC Meeting Minutes
The AQCCC meeting minutes (and any relevant presentations) are posted here following each meeting.
- Meeting 1 (13 June 2017)
- Meeting 2 (14 November 2017)
- Meeting 3 (6 March 2018)
- Meeting 4 (5 June 2018)
- Meeting 5 (28 August 2018)
- Meeting 6 (20 November 2018)
- Meeting 7 (12 March 2019)
- Meeting 8 (30 April 2019)
The WestConnex M4 East tunnel ventilation system is designed to take all air emissions from the tunnel, providing for a zero emissions tunnel portal.
In accordance with condition of approval B9, SMC must establish an AQCCC prior to finalising the detailed design of the M4 East.
The AQCCC’s role is to provide advice on the location of the air quality monitoring stations and to provide advice and input on the operation environmental management plans and other operational documents, compliance tracking reporting, audit reports, complaints relating to air quality, and dissemination of monitoring results, prior to and during the operation of the M4 East.
The AQCCC is not a decision-making or regulatory body, and instead performs an advisory and consultative role.
The AQCCC must meet at least four times a year from establishment until two years from the commencement of M4 East operation.
SMC has appointed independent chairperson in consultation with the Department of Planning and Environment (DP&E).
For more information, please refer to Terms of Reference.